Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fire Truck Cake



I purchased a book Birthday cakes for Kids several years ago. Finally, I have actually attempted one of the cakes! Quinten has developed a strong fire truck fascination. He only asked for two items for Christmas and one was a fire truck with a hose and a ladder. Yesterday was Mommy and Quinten day and I decided to make the cake. Quinten was right beside me for all of the decorating. He was patient when I was not! Only half of the cake came out of the pan so I had to do some shifting with the design. Quinten deemed the cake "perfect". He says he wants to save it for his birthday which is only six months away! He loves the fact that the fire truck has a hose (red licorice) and ladder (black licorice). I love the fact he is so easily pleased and appreciative. Wouldn't this world be a better place if we could all be so kind and gently with each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment