Sunday, October 9, 2011

Memory of Mom




A few weeks back Quinten was quite excited to show me his artwork from school. We went out of his room and he gave me this picture. It is my mom and me before she died. He said that he thought that I might want a picture of us together. We are wearing our Eastern Star clothes. The black square is mom's oxygen tank complete with the water to help it run. The line is the tubing from the oxygen compressor to her. When she was alive, she could have the long tubing every where for freedom around the house. What a memory! Quinten is so sweet to me and so very thoughtful. He drew this picture knowing that I miss her and wanted to bring me some comfort.


I still miss my mom a lot. I miss having her unconditional love; her unwavering support; her interest in my life and my family. I have many OK days and some good days remembering her. Yet, I still have days of sadness and pain missing our relationship. No one loves you like your mother and that was certainly true in my case. I am working hard to live in this life and be happy that she is free and living a life without boundaries or poor health. Still, at times like today, I miss her so much I hurt.


Lauren's HS choir concert today made me think of mom. She loved music and would have loved to see the show. The chorale sang "What A Wonderful World" which mom loved. I always think of her when I hear that song. Today the tears ran down my cheek missing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment