Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blessings

Quinten gives the sweetest blessings at dinner. In the last month, he has added on things that make him happy. He always starts the dinner blessings with "you say something, you say something, you say something" to each of us. He always says "thank you for the yummy dinner" and lists each thing on his plate. At night, Quinten gives his blessings for things that happen during the day. Last night he wanted to tell me why he had been sad. Earlier in the day his preschool had the traditional holiday costume parade. Mark and his mom arrived earlier than me and went to his classroom. He was convinced I was not coming and put a frown on his face. He would not smile even when he saw me. I was pleased that he wanted God to know about his being sad. Some day I hope he learns to truly turn his sadness to God and let Him take the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment