Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Eastern Star Meeting

This picture is from my last meeting as the Worthy Matron of the Grove City Chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star. Pictured are my sister, Mary, parents-Roger and Fran and the Worthy Patron-Fred Ford. What a tremendous year and experience for me over the past year. My family has a long and proud history with the masonic families. My maternal grandmother and mother were past matrons of their chapters. When my mother presented me with my past matron pin, she talked about memories of the year. There will be friendship, 10 commandments, snowman, presiding in the East and good people. Most of all will be the memories and shared experience with my mom. I love her so much and am glad that I gave my time to share this with her. Most likely I will be her only daughter to share this experience with her in her life time (I am not sure either of my sisters which are members are interested). It was not easy given my young marriage and even younger child. Mark was really wonderful through this time and I am grateful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment