Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fire Station Visit



Quinten and I went to the fire station this past Monday. He had been asking repeatedly about going to the fire station. Monday he even gathered several fire trucks and plastic helmet to show the firemen. He was so excited when we got there he could hardly hold himself back. However, as we approached the station, his shy personality came out. He held my hand tightly and would barely talk with the firemen. They were awesome with him and let him climb up in the ambulance; hold a hose and get in the big truck. He refused to wear one of their hats telling me later "that was too big for me". They also said he could sound the horn and start the engine. The entire time he was in the fire truck he kept saying "mommy" and was almost crying. Before we went to the fire station, I told Quinten that I really wanted to get a picture. When I pulled out my camera, he smiled for a half second for the picture. When we were home, he could not stop talking about the fire station and his visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment