Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gorman Thanksgiving

The Gorman's celebrated their turkey day Sunday November 22nd. This happens to be my mom's birthday! Mom decided she wanted to celebrate early which worked great for almost everyone. Alicia had to work and joined us toward the end of dinner. Steve took a picture before dinner and when, and if!, he sends to me I will post the picture. It was truly a lovely dinner and nice to not be stressed about multiple obligations my married siblings have on Thanksgiving Day. Quinten developed an URI (upper respiratory infection) late Friday/early Saturday morning. He was still spiking fevers so Mark and Quinten had to stay home. This was the third Thanksgiving in a row where someone was sick (2 years ago-Mark; last year -me; and Quinten this year). Lets hope for an illness free year next year.

My parents came over on Thanksgiving Day. I made a nontraditional dinner of roast, red potatoes, carrots and cranberry bread. We are hosting Mark's family the Sunday after Thanksgiving and did not really want three turkey dinners in a week. Anytime I can have time with my parents, it is a good day. While Quinten no longer has a fever, he has been on an uproar. The tantrums and control have started and neither Mark not I are equipped to handle it! Quinten actually took a 2+ hour nap in our arms starting at 5pm!!! He has never slept in our arms even as a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment